When it comes to hair color, women have a lot of options. From natural shades to bold hues, there’s a hair color out there to suit every personality and style. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take a closer look at some of the most popular hair color types for women and tips from hair salon experts on choosing the best shade for you.
Natural Hair Colors
If you’re looking for a low-maintenance hair color that’s easy to keep up, consider going for a natural shade. Natural hair colors include shades like black, brown, blonde, and red. These colors are the closest to your natural hair color and can be achieved with minimal processing.
Some popular natural hair colors for women include:
- Jet Black: If you have dark hair, going for a jet black shade can give you a sleek and sophisticated look.
- Chestnut Brown: Chestnut brown is a warm shade of brown that’s perfect for those with warm skin tones. It’s a natural-looking color that’s easy to maintain.
- Honey Blonde: For those with lighter hair, honey blonde is a warm and natural-looking shade that can add shine and brightness to your locks.
- Auburn Red: Auburn red is a rich and warm shade of red that’s perfect for those with medium to dark skin tones.
Highlights and Lowlights
If you’re looking to add a little dimension to your natural hair color, consider adding highlights or lowlights. Highlights are lighter-colored strands that are added to your hair to create contrast, while lowlights are darker-colored strands that are added to create depth. Other related services are Women’s haircuts, Brazilian Blowouts, and Body Contouring.
Some popular highlights and lowlights for women include:
- Balayage: Balayage hair highlight is a popular technique that creates a natural, sun-kissed look. The color is applied gradually, and sweepingly, giving you a subtle and sophisticated look.
- Ombré: Ombré is another popular highlighting technique that involves gradually transitioning from one shade to another. This can be a great option for those who want to add some drama to their hair without going for an all-over color.
- Sombre: Sombre is a subtler version of ombré, and involves gradually transitioning from one shade to another with softer, more natural-looking results.
Bold Hair Colors
For those who like to make a statement with their hair, bold hair colors are the way to go. From bright pinks and purples to neon greens and blues, there are plenty of options to choose from. Just keep in mind that bold hair colors can be high maintenance, and may require frequent touch-ups to keep the color looking fresh.
Some popular bold hair color types for women include:
- Pink: Pink is a playful and feminine shade that can add a pop of color to your hair.
- Purple: Purple is a bold and sophisticated shade that can add some edge to your look.
- Green: Green is a unique and attention-grabbing shade that can give you a one-of-a-kind look.
- Blue: Blue is a bold and eye-catching shade that can make a statement.
Choosing the Right Hair Color for You
When choosing a hair color, there are a few things to consider, such as your skin tone, hair texture, and personal style.